Home Care in Maui HI
Caregiver denial is not an unusual experience, particularly for those who are caring for an elderly loved one who is dealing with Alzheimer’s disease. This occurs when you are not willing or emotionally prepared to confront the reality of the condition that your aging parent is suffering, or the severity of their symptoms. When you are dealing with denial you are not being honest and realistic about your parent’s challenges, which means you may not be able to give them the level of care that they need and deserve. This puts them at risk of serious health and safety complications.
Being in denial can be a confusing and upsetting experience. You do not want to deal with what your parent is going through or what you may need to do in order to help them cope. You already know that what they are going through is going to require a tremendous amount of effort and will change your parent’s life and your life as their caregiver. This can be frightening and emotionally challenging, which puts you in the position of wanting to forget that it is going on and not have to face it. This, however, could put your parent in a dangerous situation, not getting the proper care or management that they need.
If you are going through this type of struggle, starting home care may be the ideal solution. Some of the ways that hiring an in-home senior care services provider can help you cope with caregiver denial include:
- Filling care gaps. Even if you are not in the place yet where you feel that you can fully embrace that your aging loved one is struggling with this condition or that they need more care and support, this in-home senior care services provider can be there for them to give them the care, support, and encouragement that they need to stay healthy, safe, and comfortable.
- Giving you time to process your emotions. Processing emotions can be challenging, but it is essential for helping you cope with the situation and give your loved one the best quality care possible. Often, however, the urgent needs of a senior who is dealing with a condition such as Alzheimer’s disease mean that they do not have the time to wait for you to work through this on your own. They need care immediately and that means relying on another person to handle it for you. The personalized care of a home care provider enables you to step back, work through your emotions, and get to the place where you need to be to care for your senior so you can feel confident they are getting everything that they need.
- Allow for precious memories. One of the risks of caregiver denial is that you may not seek out quality time with your loved one. With a care provider, however, you can know that whatever needs they do have are being managed properly so that you can focus more energy and attention on creating memories with your loved one.
Have questions about home care in Maui, HI? Contact the caring staff at All Care Hawaii today. Call Oahu (808) 206-8409 or Maui (808) 664-3853. Call us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week!
Latest posts by Jermie Chadwick, CEO (see all)
- Are Your Relationships with Friends Suffering Because You’re a Caregiver? - August 16, 2017
- Are You Prepared to Care for a Senior Going Through Cancer? - August 9, 2017
- Managing Heat Sensitivity Due to Multiple Sclerosis (MS) - August 1, 2017