Senior Care in Wailea HI
Your role as a family caregiver for your elderly parent is not just about making sure that your senior’s physical needs are met on a regular basis. Instead, you must also think about their mental and emotional health as well. Supporting these elements of your parent’s well-being is critical to giving them the highest quality of life possible while still making sure that their physical requirements are addressed as well.
February is International Boost Self-Esteem Month. This is the ideal time for you to learn about the importance of self-esteem for your aging parent, and yourself, and the ways that you can help to keep this perspective high so that you can use it to support your parent’s lifestyle and quality of life as they age in place.
The value of self-esteem includes:
- Believing that you are important and that you have value in the world around you
- Believing that you are worthy of feelings of happiness and fulfillment, and to seek out this happiness and fulfillment in your life
- Building self-confidence that enables you to face challenges and try new things in your life
- Enabling you to feel capable of setting goals for the future and designing an approach for pursuing those goals effectively
- Believing that you deserve respect and are prepared to ensure that others treat you with the respect that you should be given in all situations
- Giving you a sense of control over your life and a direction that keeps you motivated to handle challenges and keep moving forward
- Instilling in you a sense of confidence and strength to approach difficulties and problems in a way that is beneficial and healthy
- Supporting stronger emotional health and encouraging you to seek out good emotions even in challenging situations
- Encouraging you to seek out new achievements, accomplishments, experiences, and goals
- Encouraging you to stay involved in the community around you and continue to make valuable contributions to others and to themselves.
Starting senior care for your elderly loved one can be one of the best decisions that you can make for your aging parent throughout the course of your caregiver journey with them. A senior home care services provider can understand the particular risks, challenges, and limitations that your aging parent is facing, as well as the personal lifestyle goals, preferences, and desires of your individual parent. They can then use this information to create a course of care and management that gives them the lifestyle that they desire while also helping them to stay safe, healthy, comfortable, and fulfilled throughout their later years. When it comes to supporting your parent’s mental and emotional health, including boosting their self-esteem and encouraging them to live a more engaged and fulfilling lifestyle, this care provider can prove invaluable. Support, companionship, and encouragement can help your loved one to overcome mental and emotional strains and help your parent to gain a better perspective on their life, themselves, and the world around them.
Have questions about senior care in Wailea, HI? Contact the caring staff at All Care Hawaii today. Call Oahu (808) 206-8409 or Maui (808) 664-3853. Call us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week!
- Encouraging Your Parent to Use Their Vision Corrective Devices Consistently - January 19, 2018
- Being Honest with Your Senior About Your Challenges and Limitations - January 12, 2018
- A Guide to Helping Your Elderly Mom Add Years to Her Life - January 4, 2018